Cow Ghee[பசு நெய்]
While it can be beneficial for weight and heart health when consumed in healthy amounts, too much ghee on a regular basis can contribute to an increased risk for heart disease and weight gain. Be careful and use moderation when you incorporate ghee into your regular diet.
1. Rich in nutrients: Cow ghee is a rich source of vitamin A, D, E & K that is important in ensuring normal cellular function and growth in humans. It also contains a wide range of antioxidants that prevents free radical damage in our bodies which is a major cause of cardiac ailments and specific types of cancer. Including cow ghee in our regular diet is an easy way to augment nutritional needs while protecting ourselves from a variety of diseases caused by a lack of antioxidants.
2. Improves digestion: Cow ghee helps maintain good gut health as it revitalizes the secretion of digestive enzymes to break down the food easily. As it contains lower chain fatty acids, it gets metabolized fast and is easily absorbed by the body. Consumption of cow ghee also helps prevent constipation by regularizing bowel movement.
3. Aids in bone health: In Ayurveda, cow ghee is the most preferred base for preparing any medicine because it can reach the deepest of tissues in the human body and nourish it. This is why it is also effective in improving bone health by enhancing its strength and density. It relieves joint pains, stiffness by lubricating bones and also helps in alleviating symptoms of arthritis. Therefore, it’s advisable to consume cow ghee regularly to ensure long term mobility, bone strength and overall conditioning.
4. Boosts immunity: It goes without saying that strong immunity is the cornerstone of a healthy body. And since cow ghee is a rich source of antioxidants, it also serves as an immunity booster for it prevents the generation of free radicals in our bodies that gives way to chronic health conditions like cardiac disorders, inflammatory disease, cataract and several other diseases. At a time like this when the world is passing through a major pandemic, strengthening our immunity is of paramount importance to prevent falling ill. And cow ghee, given its wide nutritional spectrum and antioxidant properties, is a must-have in your regular diet.
5. Nourishes skin: Yes, that’s right. If you’ve been considering a truly natural skin care product for a while that comes with zero side effects and doesn’t pinch your pocket either, grab that jar of ghee from your kitchen shelf right away. Cow ghee is a natural moisturizer that can keep your skin soft and moisturized even in the driest of weathers. The fatty acids in it provide the much-needed hydration that leaves the skin glowing. So be sure to include this natural skincare hack to look your best every day. Just take a few drops of ghee on your palm and massage it over your face/hands in a circular motion. Leave it overnight and wash off with lukewarm water. You will be surprised to see how soft, smooth and glowing your skin feels with this natural therapy.